Welcome, you’re on my Now page. Here are the things I’m doing these days:
I work for Accenture as a technology architect, focused on building cloud solutions. I’m an architect for the Accenture Cloud Platform, primarily on our cloud analytics functionality. I spend most of my time working out how best to build things so that they’re secure, scalable, maintainable, and perform well. In recent years, I’ve spent time with both Amazon Web Services and Azure. I just got an AWS certification (Solutions Architect - Associate Level), and I’m looking to add an Azure certification as well.
Christmas is over for another year. After some much-needed time off from work and school, things will shortly return to normal. The oldest has his learner’s permit now (gulp), so I’ll be teaching him to drive soon.
- Python - after a long hiatus, I’m doing some Python development again, and enjoying it.
- Serverless computing - We’ve moved portions of Accenture Cloud Platform to serverless, so I’m gaining some experience with this.
- Photography - I’m still an amateur, but I get a little better every time I shoot. I invested in some lighting gear this past year and have been learning to use off camera lighting. Check out the photos section of this very site to see the pictures I’ve been taking.
- Design Thinking
- Reading: “Genius: The Life and Science of Richard Feynman.” - I did an awful job of reading books in 2018, I aim to do better in 2019.
- Watching: “Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events” - the final season just dropped on Netflix.
- Listening: “Incredibles 2 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)” - I listen to instrumental music while I work or do anything that requires concentration - I find that lyrics in music are distracting. This was a good movie and the soundtrack is excellent.
I’ve relaunched my long-dormant blog. Next up is to actually add content to it on a semi-regular basis. I’ve got some other things I want to work on, but this is a start.
I’ve been working on posting more photos as well, check out my Best of 2018 post to see some of my recent favorites.
Last updated Thursday January 3rd, 2019